How to Use Technology to Grow Your Real Estate Business and Make Your Life Easier: a Primer for Non-Nerds with Ben Rao
Unless you’re a millennial, you’re probably not fully leveraging online resources, apps, and software to get more deals, track leads, store data on properties, or manage rentals more easily.
How do we know? Because in our member survey, “Teach us more about great, easy-to-use technology” was #5 on your most-wanted list!
That’s why we’ve invited Ben Rao, who has applied his vast tech knowledge to his decade-long career as a real estate entrepreneur, to share the ways that he uses the web and software to acquire and manage rentals, rehabs, and more. Ben will share:
- How to get the word out on the web about your buying, selling, or renting business to the best prospects—without spending a lot of money or even knowing much about “the web”.
- Cheap and free programs and apps that will help you manage everything from your time to your tenants better
- 5 programs he positively can’t do without, because they reduce stress or increase profits or both
- How to take advantage of what technology has to offer you without going back to school
You’re guaranteed to walk out with hacks that will make your buying, selling, or management business more profitable and less stressful.
Early Meetings 6:00-7:00
New Investor Focus Group:
Great Deals: What They Are and Where to Find Them with Vena Jones-Cox. The first key to your success as a real estate entrepreneur is your ability to find the sellers who have the great deals. Who are these sellers? How do you find them? How do you know a great deal when you see one? And are there really enough great deals out there for all of us? Come find out in this meeting for new investors only.
Active Investors Focus Group:
Debunking 13 Insurance Myths for the Real Estate Investors with Shawn Woedl. Rental Property Insurance can be complex and confusing because it is very different than insuring your primary home, and there are a lot of myths floating around out there that can get you burned when you least expect it. Let a rental property insurance expert educate and recommend insurance coverage that is the best fit for you personally, based on your current rental properties, locations, future acquisition goals, deductible preferences, coverage requirements, and more. In this informative session, attendees will learn:
- All policies and coverages are not created equally
- Differences between personal and commercial property and liability insurance
- Common Policy Exclusions
- The Ins and Outs of Liability Insurance coverage and its limits, as well as umbrella policies
- Claims examples as it relates to property and liability coverage and common exclusions